The backpack mod adds the ability to have a portable inventory chest, allowing you to carry a lot more items. This mod is made by MightyPork. Please visit the original mod thread for more info and on how you can support the modder. Please visit the original mod thread here.
How to craft backpack
- Leather around the crafting grid (like chest)
- Dye in the middle -> coloured backpack
- Diamond in the middle -> magic backpack (safe & secure inventory)
- You can craft as many backpacks as you wish.
- Backpacks can’t be stored in each other.
- In SMP, players can backpacks. Contents won’t be lost, and even the names will be preserved. Its really safe.
- Note: backpacks held by other players look always white.
It is a bug, but in Minecraft itself.
How to use backpack
- Right click to open it’s inventory.
- Use backpacks as chests, it is almost the same.
- Right click backpack while sneaking to rename it.
(Hold shift to sneak!)
Windows PC – Currently only for Windows
.NET Framework 4.o (Most PC’s already have, but if it says you don’t then download here.)
(Before installing any Mods to your minecraft make sure to close it first)
First, download one of the installers below(no difference they are same, just packed differently) Once Downloaded, double click the installer, once it’s started click on “Install” When the installer is done it will display a message that it’s done. Now just close installer and start your minecraft. Mod Installed!
– New installer with Backup option. The new installer is much better at backing up/restoring, so don’t worry about incompatibilities as long as you backup.
PLEASE CREATE A BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING ANY MODS – I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MESSED UP MINECRAFT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.