Chopping down trees too tedious for you? Keep getting lost in your own mines? Tired of farming crops for ungrateful pigs? Why not let those lazy villagers do the work while you sit back and reap the rewards? With Helpful Villagers you get to do just that and more!
The 1.6+ installers use the new minecraft launcher. If you have not used the new launcher yet, make sure to run the installer at least once. Log into minecraft and load the latest version/release. Then run installer and install the mod.
If you already have a modded profile/version, you can have the installer install it to that version. If you leave it set to “(Default)” then the installer will keep the default structure for installs and will only create a modded profile if one is not present. See “Default Mod Profile” below for the version of minecraft where this mod will install.
The installers will install all mods that use the same profile into the same mods folder/jar.
The installer only needs one default version of minecraft in the versions folder to install a mod.
If Forge/ModLoader is not present then installer by default will add a version of Forge/ModLoader this mod is compatible with.
Internet Explorer users:
When downloading the .exe version of the installer, save the installer to a location like desktop, then run it. Do not run it straight from the browser, if you do you might get the “Skydaz Addons has stopped working”.
Mod Version: v1.2.4 for Minecraft 1.7.10
Mod Prerequisite: Forge
Mod Uninstall Option: Yes
Default Mod Profile: Forge
This mod uses Forge. The default setting will install mod and if not present, Forge to Forge profile. If you want the mod installed to another profile select the version using the installer and then install.
To support development of this mod, the modders adfly links have been added to downloads.
PLEASE CREATE A BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING ANY MODS – START WITH CLEAN MINECRAFT AND YOU WONT HAVE ANY ISSUES!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MESSED UP MINECRAFT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
– Added Withdraw button to barter gui
– Added config option to allow Archers to shoot without using arrows
– Villagers can now use certain modded tools and weapons
– Miners will now automatically teleport to the top of their mineshaft instead of trying to climb out
– Soldiers should no longer go outside the village to protect villagers who have been attacked (unless they are guarding a specific villager)
– Soldiers and Archers are now less likely to be blown up by Creepers
– Fixed error that caused player inventory items to be picked up from the wrong tab in the barter gui
– Fixed error caused by village prices calculations
– Village populations are now calculated much more accurately which will reduce villager over/under breeding
– Villagers how have a small chance to give birth to twins or triplets, this chance is increased when mating near a bed
– Farmers now harvest reeds, nether wart, and certain modded crops
– Farmers now harvest crops one block at a time, the quality of their hoe determines how fast they harvest them
– Soldiers and Archers now equip armor found in their guild chests
– Villagers will now use trapped chests in their guild hall to store and retrieve items
– Villagers now have less trouble using guild chests
– Villagers are now more likely to interact with all guild halls that match their profession in their home village
– Shift clicking on a villager will prevent the villager dialog from popping up
– Minor improvements have been made to the Trade GUI
– Minor changes have been made to various AI functions
– Made mod more compatible with resource packs
– Fixed a bug that caused multiple villagers to pick up the same item
– Added birth messages
– Added option to receive location of villager when birth and death messages are received
– Added chat commands to change the way villager messages are received
– Added config file that can also change the way villager messages are received
– Made minor changes to the way the population of a village is calculated
– Fixed a problem that caused lumberjacks to remove blocks from trees without putting the item in their inventory or their axe taking damage
– Reduce risk of death by suffocation for Miners
– Improved Lumberjack performance
– Fixed a bug that caused villagers that are far away from their village to “lose” their village
– Fixed crashes related to Lumberjack and Farmer AI