Spectral Guns is a mod that brings you unique, fun guns to enhance your gameplay. You can even customize it with different components and component types!
Internet Explorer users:
When downloading the .exe version of the installer, save the installer to a location like desktop, then run it. Do not run it straight from the browser, if you do you might get the “Skydaz Addons has stopped working”.
Mod Version: v1.3.2 for Minecraft 1.8
Mod Prerequisite: Forge
Mod Uninstall Option: Yes
Default Mod Profile: Forge
This mod uses Forge. The default setting will install mod and if not present, Forge to Forge profile. If you want the mod installed to another profile select the version using the installer and then install.
To support development of this mod, the modders adfly links have been added to downloads.
PLEASE CREATE A BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING ANY MODS – START WITH CLEAN MINECRAFT AND YOU WONT HAVE ANY ISSUES!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MESSED UP MINECRAFT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
A huge update this time! After 4 months, we finally got this finished, and we hope it’s worth the wait!
- Compatible with Forge 1.8-126.96.36.1990
- New component type: Addons
- Up to 4 per gun
- Small improvements for your gun.
- New addon: Overclocker. Increases fire rate, projectile velocity, recoil, kickback, instability and produces mire heat.
- Added durability system:
- Each component now has it’s seperate durability, and this gives us the durability of the gun itself.
- When a gun loses durability, it drops all the remainding parts.
- Parts can be repaired in anvils
- Added temperature system:
- Each component has seperate temperature.
- Temperature spreads from component to component.
- Different itema conduct heat differently. They also do over time.
- All components have a heat threshold: Too high/low temperature damages the gun.
- You can now name your guns in the gun assembly station!
- Lots of new stats that make sense.
- Mass and velocity will now affect durability.
- Added material traits:
- Instead of having incompatibilities, we now let your crazy ideas come alive!
- Wood burns. It takes more durability from heat, and can ser you on fire.
- Iron rusts: Slowly loses durability in rain/water.
- Diamond shatters: Takes more easily durability when it reaches lower durability.
- Gold and diamonds are shiny: Take more damage when used with food magazines.
- So-called “Legendary guns”. Making it rewards you with XP and achievements. This includes the Spectral Taco.
- We’re trying out a way to auto-update the mod. This might not work, but we’re hoping to keep you up-to-date!
- Fireball, snowball and food magazines now have new types of ammunition.
- If multiple projectiles are shot at an entity, the damage will stack.
- Your camera will be shaking when you zoom. Not because it’s cold, but cause you’re getting old.
- You’ll get an error message if something’s wrong in the gun assembly table (hopefully).
- Sigurd fixed the wobble! (You don’t know)
- TONS of smaller changes, improvements and bugfixes. Full changelog can be found here.
All installers require Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 to work. Most PC’s already come with it installed.
If you get an error when starting installer then download the framework from here: NET 4.0
1. Download a mod installer for the mod that you would like to install.
Make sure that the mod is for the version of Minecraft you want to use. If the mod is for Minecraft 1.7.10 then all other subsequent mods should all be for the same version of Minecraft. Mixing different versions of Minecraft mods will usually cause conflicts/crashes. Most always the crashes are caused by conflicting mods. Some mods cannot be installed at the same time. The crash log usually tells us what mods are conflicting etc..
2. Run the downloaded installer and click on “Options” tab. Then click “Clear Mods” and “Clear Config”.
This should only be done once per version or if you have a crash that you do not know how to fix! This will remove any old mods and outdated files, this way they do not cause the new mods to crash. This should be done every time you want to switch the version of Minecraft. Say, if Minecraft updates to 1.9 version and new mods come out for that version then you would have to remove the old mods and config files in order to add the new mods.
3. Now go back to the “Install” tab and click “Install Mod”.
This will install the mod and also create the “Profile” where the mod will be installed. If the mod uses the Forge loader then usually the profile will be called “Forge” and so on. The installer shows what profile it is installing the mod to.
4. Play Minecraft. Make sure you use the profile “Forge” to play.
If the profile is not setup then you can follow these instructions on setting up the profile. Make sure to use the profile the mod is installed to, otherwise the mod will not work!
Installing mods is simple using the installers.
Simply download either the .exe or .zip version of the installer from the “Downloads” section. (Both are same, you just have to extract .exe file from zip folder and sometimes zip works without any issues)
After downloading the installer, run it and click “Install Mod”. That’s it!
Your mod is now installed and ready to use. Please refer to the “Installer Instructions” page should you need more information or if you have issues installing the mod.